This shift would be from 9:30 am-5:30 pm.
The primary purpose of this job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Production Manager, Head Cook, Team Leader and/or Director of Dining Service to assure that quality food service is provided at all times. Under the supervision of the Team Leader, is responsible for cold food preparation, including accompaniment and garnishes. This is a “safety sensitive” position, in that it is a position that includes tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
1. Knowledge of food preparation and proper food handling techniques.
2. Knowledge of safety and sanitation rules and practices.
3. The ability to solve problems in a timely and effective manner. Refers unusual problems to Supervisor
4. Responsible for cold food preparation, including accompaniments and garnishes.
5. Correctly prepares and creatively assembles cold appetizers, salads, cold entrees, and desserts following modified diet spreadsheets/production sheets.
6. Does advance preparation as indicated.
7. Serves food items as needed.
8. Completes food temperature checks each meal. Tastes all food items prepared.
9. Completes HAACP records and stores food items according to food storage & handling guidelines.
10. Cleans work area and equipment used in food preparation in accordance with proper sanitation guidelines
11. Follows safety and sanitation rules and practices.
12. Ensures that all cold food preparation and assembling is done in accordance with established procedures and the 20 minute rule.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures and assists with evacuation of residents to a safe location in the event of fire or other emergency.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
15. Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
16. Must take necessary precautions and follow correct procedures for lifting and bending.
17. Able to work well independently given proper direction.
18. Provides clean, safe, and neat environment for residents, self and staff.
19. Provide catering needs based on function request.
20. Prepare box meals and specials as needed.
21. Fill nourishment requests from HC & assisted living departments.
22. Prepare salad bar with attention to expiration dates and left over utilization.
23. Follow food codes according to state, local and federal guidelines.
24. Adhere to produce wash safely procedures.
25. Work to minimize food waste, follow documenting of trim trax program.
26. Follow proper shelving procedures for storing of perishable foods.
27. Follow guidelines for preparation of puree & mechanical foods.
28. Attend mandatory in-services, show times & dietician monthly training exercises.
29. Follow proper glove usage & hair restraint procedures.
30. Follow established recipes as posted.
31. English is our chosen business language. Therefore, the ability to read, write, speak and understand English is essential.
32. Performs other duties as assigned.
Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of safe, sanitary food handling procedures, preparation methods, merchandising and supervision. Has knowledge of special diets and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations. If not already ServSafe certified it is expected that the Lead Cook become certified as soon as practicable. Possess good oral and written communication skills. Ability to use business math concepts. Ability to get along well with others, demonstrate flexibility and patience, work as a member of a team, and to demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people, particularly older adults. Must demonstrate emotional stability. Must be able to cope with the emotional and physical stress of the position.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be free of any contagious diseases that may be transmitted through food or beverage substances. Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Must be able to lift 35 pounds or more. Ability to sit and stand on concrete and carpeted floors for extended periods of time. Must be able to maneuver independently and safely around kitchen, office, and storage areas. Ability to see and hear, or use prosthetic devices that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that position requirements can be fully met. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate a fire extinguisher, manipulate kitchen equipment and operate all office equipment. Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- in Dining Service department, as well as throughout the Lodge. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Subject to on-call hours in the event of any emergency. beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and holidays and in other positions temporarily when necessary. Subject to frequent interruptions. Is subject to falls, burns burns from equipment, odors, throughout the workday. Is involved with personnel under all conditions/circumstances. Performance of position will involve exposure to commercial cleaning products.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: